If you read a lot of blogs you may have noticed a lot of "30 before 30," lists or something to that effect, floating around the blogosphere. If you haven't, I have. And take my word for it: they're popular right now. I think they're a great idea -- I am a list-lover at heart and the thought of having all of my goals laid out right before my astigmatism-ed little eyes, WITH A DEADLINE, makes me happy.
The only problem is I am past 30.
And I didn't do one of these lists. And "32 before 32" sounds kind of, well, like I forgot to do a 30 before 30 list. (Although, being from Utah, I should have a soft spot for those two numbers.)
But anyhow, I have decided to do my own list: "10 before 10/1." Ten things before October. I figure that giving myself only four weeks will make me get my arse in gear and actually accomplish something.
So (drumroll, please!) without further ado: My 10 Before 10/1 List:
1. Replace the knobs on the Craigslist dresser I bought (and have been living with for more than one year) when I thought: "That dresser will work great but I can't live with it for more than one day without replacing those knobs."
2. Take pictures of Little A's nursery nook and write a blog post about my favorite part of it -- the changing table/dresser.
3. Put up a piece of art on the gigantic, bare wall that calls my name every time I walk by, reminding me how big of a procrastinator I am.
4. Finish reading the book I started a couple months ago and haven't finished.
5. Find new pillows for our living room couch. Either by buying some I love or making them myself. Which reminds me...
6. ...I need to use my sewing machine. I haven't made anything with it yet even though I've had it for a couple of years. I can't wait to try.
7. Burn the 19 months of video footage from our camcorder onto DVDs.
8. Print out (and put in an album) at least two months of photos from Anthony's first year. I know, I am wayyyy behind on this.
9. Have a picnic at the park while it's still warm.
10. Eat at a new restaurant.
I will report back on my progress. Wish me luck!