Friday, October 3, 2008

Master Bedroom Mood Board

We have a mattress and box springs in our closet (Just some info on why you may have noticed that I'm usually wearing the same shoes every day: I have to fight a Serta for my stilettos.). A rocking chair/recliner has taken up residence next to our front door and baby clothes and supplies have been living on our dining room table. The double-sink bathroom vanity looks dashing on our back patio. And the kitchen counter has been transformed into our temporary office, complete with a printer and files amidst cutting boards and can openers.

We're living in the middle of a transition, waiting for our bedroom, nursery and master bathroom to be completed. Until that's done, we're getting creative with how we're storing things in all 800 of our square feet.

The remodeling project is still going OK, although not nearly as fast as I'd like it to be progressing. While I wait for the sheetrocking to start, I've been trying to pick out the furniture and other items so that once the "important" stuff, like uh, walls, are in place, we can just slam everything in and be nice and cozy.

Here's what I'm thinking so far for our bedroom...


I've tried to do similar colors to the adjoining nursery nook, just on a more muted palette. Now if we can find a place to store this stuff before the room is done, we'll be all set.

I think there's still some space in the bathtub.


.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I am glad to hear that we aren't the only ones who live in a construction zone. I am sure it's going to be amazing when it's done.

Nelson said...

Oh the remodeling/construction phase. It has to get worse before it gets better.
You have such a great sense of style! You are a wonderful person for befriending those who have NONE. Thank you.

Courtney said...

Cute stuff! I can't wait to see how it all comes out.

Sarah said...

Um, the last picture on the post before this is a real picture of you. I have one just like it from the 7th grade. Aerosol hairspray rocks the house.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.