Monday, August 17, 2009

Bridal Shower Tea Invites

So a while back we had a bridal shower for my sister, Malarie. We decided that a tea/luncheon would be a fitting event since that's more of her style than a raucous gathering.

I hunted around for the perfect invites but couldn't find anything that we really liked.

So I made some.

They were super easy. So super easy that anyone can make them, yours truly included.

Since her wedding ring is a 1920s beauty that she had just scored at a great little antique shop, I thought it would be fun to do some invites that had a 1920s/30s vibe. So I rounded up some card stock, printed out the info and cut them into tiny little cards. I then stamped them with my vintage-style stamp set I bought to make homemade Christmas cards years ago (I never made these, just for the record).






Then I stapled each little card to a tea bag, the invite acting as the tea tag.



Since I stamped them in metallic blue/green ink, I put them into little metallic blue envelopes.



They were very fun and easy to make.

And the bridal tea was very fun, too. Despite its lack of raucous-ness.


.

2 comments:

kirstin said...

that is such a good idea! love them!

Amanda said...

Look at you!! Little miss crafty. Yes, that should be your new official nick name.