Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Great Family Photo Shoot of 2009 (AKA Unless You Are One of Our Grandparents This Features Entirely Too Many Photos of Us)



A few months ago when Little A was a wee little six month old (On Saturday he will be eight months! It's also my dad's birthday...) I asked family photographer extraordinaire Kirstin Roper to do a wee little photo shoot of us at Liberty Park.

[Note: You may recall that Kirstin is the fabulous photographer who took the lovely pictures of my beautiful sis.]



The park is one of our favorite spots, since it is all of about a two-minute walk from our house, and I adore the old-school carnival ride area almost as much as I love its snow cone booth (But not quite. When we're talking about Tiger's Blood there is no comparison. No matter how cute the tiny little airplanes are painted.).



So, I raced home from work, convinced Z to put on a shirt that has real buttons and no pizza stains and then we loaded up the A Train, after combing his flowing locks of hair, of course.


Kirstin went waaaaayyyyyy above and beyond, trekking over hills, through puddles and across grass to get some great shots. Mostly, though, she had to work with my husband and his um, unique sense of humor. I hope she'll remember to charge us double next time for the wrangling fee.






We had a fun time taking pictures and the carnival ride operators at the park were so great about letting us climb all over the rides.



It's strange to see Little A so grown up in these pictures since I still think of him as a tiny newborn baby. But I know that soon we'll look back at these and won't believe he was ever this small. It is right about here that I was wishing I could freeze time...



...Or maybe it was here.



... Or right about here.



But since time-freezing is not an option, I'm glad we have these photos.

Thanks, Kirstin.



(She also took some photos of just Little A and me since Z had to leave early to run to a meeting. I'll post these later since if you're still reading this and haven't fallen off your chair from Family Photo Overload already, you will.)

.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

I heart your little family! And hello, I like already stalked Kirstin's blog/website and saw all your pics. I wanted to see more!

Brandie Gillette said...

Wow, just stunning. You have the cutest little family! And what a great idea to shoot it at Liberty, they turned out great!

Maegan Leoni said...

That totally made me cry. Either I'm just a cry baby or I really really miss you guys. Or both.
Love you tons.
xoxo

Joelle said...

So cute! You are an adorable family

Nelson said...

Love them! All of them. Felt like I was looking at a magazine cover. Sure love you guys!

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Those are so dang cute. I am glad she took so many!

Marcae said...

LOVE them!

Amanda said...

what cute family pictures. How do you decide which ones to blow up to life size and hang on the wall? So cute, she did a great job.

The Miller Family said...

You guys are so dang cute!! My favorite pictures of the girls are when they were about 9 months old.

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=motoriikka miika ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you use the dark methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg