Since Natalie tagged me and Amanda and Diania keep reminding me of this fact, here are six things about me for your reading pleasure:
1. In my opinion, macaroni and cheese (and not of the Kraft variety) is probably the best thing ever invented. Especially from Noodles & Co., although the mac & cheese Diania made for our work Halloween party may be my new favorite.
2. I've had front row seats at Late Show with David Letterman--twice. I know the system of how to get good seats, so if you're ever in NYC with a ticket to see my favorite funnyman, give me a holla'. As a bonus fact, I used to have a huge crush on Letterman when I was a kid. I have NO idea why, but I used to tell my mom I was going to marry him someday.
3. Things pointed at my eyes are not my friends. I have a very strange phobia about having something pointed at my eyes. This includes upside-down pencils (mid-erase), optometry equipment and red hot pokers.
4. I get more excited than a person should over dessert. I almost never turn it down. Actually, I don't think I have ever turned it down. One dessert highlight includes a particular high school Friday night when Jill & I bought a German chocolate cake from the Smith's bakery and ate the whole thing by ourselves.
5. I have a fear of fish, but only in lakes. I am SCUBA certified and have gone diving in the ocean without being scared but the thought of jumping into a lake seriously makes my skin crawl.
6. In homage to Amanda's fascinating childhood injury story, I once cut my head open, requiring a trip to the ER and a lovely row of stitches, by falling on a notebook. This story is to help just in case you were on the fence about whether or not I really am/was the world's biggest nerd. Since I loved school supplies so much, I wouldn't part with my new notebook. So 6-year-old me, clad in my best leggings and favorite Cabbage Patch Kids sweatshirt, followed my parents into our neighbor's house, tripped over their broom and fell smack onto my sprial-bound notebook. I'm still scarred, and not just on my head.
Now I tag Abby, Ali, Aubrey, Maegan, Teri & Sarah. Ready... Go!