Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend Update: Football, Floors & Fore!

Zach and I typically like to pack way more into a our days off than we could ever really accomplish, and this weekend was no different.

We started things out Friday with Z's appearance on KUTV's noon news, where he made a Superbowl specialty. His latest creation was a football-shaped pizza. I volunteered to be his lovely assistant/publicist. At one point, when I confirmed the spelling of his name to a producer, the crew thought I really was his publicist. They were impressed that their neighborhood pizza guy was so in-demand that he needed an entourage.

Saturday I was able to meet up with Natalie to hit a bucket of balls. We had a great time and even managed to stay warm at the covered, heated driving range.




Nat & Me showing all the guys how it's done (notice her golfing footwear)


When I got home, we tore out the rest of our floor in the dining room since we're putting in hardwood throughout the house. Thanks to our friend Courtney, who had a hardwood floor surplus, we're putting in some sweet maple floors. We spent a lot of the day loading and unloading our old flooring and making multiple DI-runs where we donated several Ford Explorers full of household accumulations. We then cleaned ourselves up enough to go to the Blue Man Group performance.

After we watched the Blue Men, we were starving and it was 10:30 p.m. Lucky for us, Ginza Sushi was still busy and seating people when we walked by, and we scarfed down three delicious rolls. Our 2.5 block walk to my office parking lot (where we left the car) from Energy Solutions Arena was entertaining, since we were able to watch all of the scantily clad club girls trying to pretend they weren't freezing, walking in the near-0 temperatures wearing dresses smaller than my dinner napkin.

Sunday was spent sleeping in and then loading and unloading more flooring. We were unloading flooring right up past the start of the game and barely made it to meet up with Zach's family to watch the Superbowl. We were looking forward to stopping by Teri & Mark's house, too, but because of our poor time management skills we had to miss out.

Despite the craziness, it was a good weekend. And although I didn't have a favorite team playing in the big game, I was happy with the outcome. I'm not a Tom Brady fan (I think it's against some kind of women's code to cheer for someone who starts dating a Victoria's Secret supermodel while his ex is very, very pregnant with his child) and I really liked the idea of two brothers winning back-to-back Superbowls, so go Giants!


5 comments:

Teri said...

Looks like a fun, busy weekend! And tell Zach he did a great job on-air. I am jealous!

Justin and Jill said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. You guys really do pack it all in!

I hope you don't find this annoying, but I Tagged you. Look on my blog and see format and questions you have to answer. I thought you would have some pretty funny answers!

Natalie said...

Seriously, our golfing skills improved dramatically in just one hour. We keep this up, we will be pros by summer.

I must say, that golfing with me sounded like the best part of your weekend. And, i can't really blame you :)

The Miller Family said...

Oh, I remember life before kids...

Cichelli said...

Wow, you're seriously busy. And Zach DOES need an entourage. Z Pizzeria is my fave.

Sounds like an awesome weekend. I remember, long before children, having plans and being able to follow them. Now I have great intentions and end up in the ER for 8 hours on the weekends. Oh well. I'll just live vicariously through your blog.