Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Deep Thought by Rose Nylund

I've been watching a lot of late-night Golden Girls reruns lately and have rediscovered the fact that my favorite character, Rose Lindstrom Nylund, is a philosophical genius. She's always been my favorite, mostly because I can relate to the stories of her beloved hometown, St. Olaf. I have my own Price, Utah versions of those anecdotes that I share on an almost daily basis, much to the enjoyment of my coworkers.

Here's a quote of the day from Rose, enjoy:


"What a great day! It's like life is a giant weenie roast
and I'm the biggest weenie."

4 comments:

Nelson said...

My long lost friend Rose!
It has been so too long since I have seen her in action, so thanks for posting about her.

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

i love weenies.

Marcae said...

I like Rose, but my personal fav is Blanche!

Anonymous said...

Lady, lady, lady. I own every season of the Golden Girls! screw going to pilates. Let's pull out some cheesecake and watch the one where Dorothy is dating the Attorney, but he wants to be a clown, and when the ladies get into trouble he rushes into court in his clown suit. I LOVE THAT ONE!