Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The weather wasn't the only thing that was insanely hot

For Zach's 30th birthday earlier this year, I surprised him with a gift I'm sure every steak-eating, beer-drinking, sports-loving, Costco-clothes-wearing heterosexual male would love: George Michael concert tickets.


This weekend we trekked to Phoenix (it was only 101 degrees at midnight) for the blessed event to see one of Zach's all-time favorites perform live. George put on a fantastic show and looked better than ever at 45 (my childhood crush is apparently still alive and kickin'--especially when GM appeared in his cop outfit for his rousing rendition of "Let's Go Outside").

"I'm never gonna dance again..."

We danced to every song and sang along with our fellow concert-goers (99% of whom were either 40-something females or gay couples--we fit right in) and Z was able to walk away with a t-shirt featuring the aviator glasses-clad singer himself that I'm certain he'll be wearing to every major social event this summer.

Enjoy George's performance of Careless Whisper, we did and have been singing it since we got home.



2 comments:

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

He better be wearing it Friday Night.

Nelson said...

Oh I am so jealous. Did he happen to dedicate a song to me?